Tuesday 27 November 2012

Harrogate Knitting and Stitching Show

Every year I attend the Twisted Thread, Knitting and Stitching Show. I would go as far as to say, it is the highlight of my year. This year it almost didn't happen. A lot has been going on in my life and I've, consequently, been very disorganised. But alas, I managed to wrangle some willing people together and our trip was underway.

It was an early start for a Sunday so at the train station we stopped at Starbucks for a pick-me-up and I got to try out my new coffee cozy. If nothing else, it amused the lady behind the counter. 
photo.JPG

The show is basically a huge craft market, selling everything from yarn to sewing machines.
photo.JPG

photo.JPG

This was pretty amazing. A completely knitted village and unsurprisingly there were a few people gathered around it taking many many pictures.
photo.JPG

So much detail
photo.JPG

Isn't this just darling?
photo.JPG

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

l very nearly bought this kit. You got everything you needed to make these 3 dinosaurs and my youngest daughter is a dinosaur fanatic, but I resisted. 
photo.JPG

After the show we called into Costa to replenish out energy. Coffee so immense that it needs two handles to hold it was in order, right Helen?

photo.JPG

and of course the loot because I know you are all dying to know what I bought. 
photo.JPG

The blue fleece is earmarked to make my youngest a Rainbow Dash costume. I just hope I get around to making it for her before Christmas.

photo.JPG
I'm not sure what to do with this fabric, I just really really liked it. Any suggestions? 

photo.JPG
One set of these are going to be going on a hat for me

photo.JPG
I had wingpan in mind for this gorgeous yarn from 

and finally these cute little charms and bells will hopefully become part of mini wreaths.
photo.JPG

Now if I can just pry myself away from the internet, and by internet I mean Pinterest and Ravelry, then I can get on with making the many many things I have queued and pinned.

Have you got a long list of things to make before Christmas? 

2 comments:

  1. Ooooooh this just looks gorgeous, a feast for the eyes seeing all these crafty photos :) I love the charms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an amazing time! I love the little town!

    ReplyDelete