Tuesday 15 June 2010

Introductions

Welcome to my craft blog and thank you for looking.

My name is Samantha. I'm currently 31 years old, I've been happily married for 9 years this July and have 2 beautiful daughters, Rheya who turned 3 years old last December and Anara who just turned 1 year old last month.

I've always been artistic. I had a love for observational drawing when I was at school. I loved to draw plants, flowers, fruit...anything that stayed still really. I also had a thing for drawing pictures of people from photographs.

I wanted to continue my studies into A Level but it wasn't meant to be. Everywhere I went they were closing down their A Level art courses and eventually I gave in and studied Environmental Science, Theatre Studies and Human Biology.

My art took a side line whilst I lived a life of partying, followed by settling down with my now Husband, setting up home and eventually starting a family.

It wasn't until I fell pregnant with my first daughter that I got my craft bug back. I wanted to make her a blanket so I bought myself some knitting needles and some yarn and cast on for the first time in years (My Nanna originally taught me to knit when I was about 7 years old) I never did finish that blanket, but it did open up the doors to my artisitc side.

In November 2007 I got the urge to learn to crochet. It's something I wanted to learn as a child but I didn't know anyone who could teach me. I had the same problem as an adult but this time I had access to a wonderful tool...the internet. With the help of youtube and various other websites I made my first crocheted item, a pair of longies for my daughter.

rose border aran

Longies

They're not my best work, but I was pretty proud of my first crocheted item. Not bad for a beginner eh?

and the compulsory action shot :P
Rheya wearing longies

From there it was an upward spiral of card making, jewellery making, sewing, fimo, baking and scrapbooking...if it's crafty I'm probably going to give it a go.

I think that's enough introduction for now. I hope you enjoy my blog :)

No comments:

Post a Comment