Wednesday 16 June 2010

Slippery slope into yarnville

I'm an avid cloth nappy user and as any cloth addict will tell you, wool makes an excellent cover for fitted nappies (nappies without a waterproof layer).

A quick lesson in wool

Longies = trousers made from wool, can be either knitted or crocheted
Shorties = as the name suggests, these are shorts made from wool
Soaker = A pair of pants made of wool, they literally cover the nappy
Skirty = can you guess? Yes a skirt made with wool. This can be with a soaker underneath or without

You can also get variations of these, crops, boardies, longies with a skirt over the top, sleep bags and even longies with tails and dinosaur scales.

Why am I tell you all this you ask?

Well I decided to have a go at making Rheya a pair back in October 2007. I've been hooked ever since and you'll see many more nappy covers made of wool.

I did make a faux par with this first pair and bought acrylic yarn, but as it was cheap it was a good practice.
Wool

CIMG3686

I also made the rise far too big, but you live and learn right?

CIMG3855

and the action shots
CIMG3858

CIMG3857

No comments:

Post a Comment