Wednesday 14 March 2012

WIP: Loreli's Gift Scarf and that damn doll


Welcome to WIP Wednesday again. At last I have something new to show you. 

I couldn't resist casting on that beautiful Chroma yarn that my husband bought me for my Birthday so I dug out a book dedicated to one skein sock yarn and picked a lovely scarf pattern to knit. I don't need anymore scarves but this yarn will look amazing with the Loreli's Gift pattern. 

P1090124

I'm still plugging away with the doll but if I'm honest, she's become a bit of a chore

This is one of her legs. You can't tell in this picture, but the lighter stripes are a combination of light green, light pink and cream. 
P1090126

I also started the Spectra, but I'm not enjoying knitting it (turns out I don't like changing yarns too often) so I think I'm going to choose a different pattern to use the rainbow yarn on. 

That's it for this week. I've been reading a lot lately, which is why my knitting has slowed down. There just aren't enough hours in the day! 

For some more WIPs that are coming along a lot quicker than mine are, go to Tami's Amis and Frontier Dreams

5 comments:

  1. Everything looks great! I love the yarn you're using for the scarf. It's gorgeous!.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLOL - I feel you on the doll. My WIP today is the never-ending babydoll! What were we thinking! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your scarf is going to look amazing, that yarn is fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a look at some of the projects in Ravelry for Lorelei's Gift, and you're right, it'll look great with that yarn. Sorry to hear the doll's become a chore - I like switching yarn colours myself, it keeps it interesting for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that Chroma yarn looks scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete