Wednesday 19 October 2011

WIP Wednesday: Jiji the cat and Totoro hat


I have two new projects to show you this week. I've made a start on making one of my daughter's teachers Jiji the cat for Christmas. She's a big Ghibli fan and I just know she will love this. 

P1060179

Crochet tends to make my pinky ache after a while, so I thought I might as well have a knitting project on the go too. So I'm making my eldest daughter the Totoro hat

P1060181

The next project isn't a WIP or even made with yarn, but I have to show it off all the same. Tomorrow my eldest has to dress up as a character from a book (for school). Her little girl instinct was to dress up like a princess...Belle to be precise, but my whole body shuddered at the thought of a class full of little girls, ALL dressed as princesses, so I gently explored other options with her, until we agreed on The Gingerbread Man :D I bought her an orange top and leggings and appliqued the rest on...simple, yet soooo much better than a damn princess ;)

P1060174

Thanks for looking and if you want to see more WIP's head on over to Tami's Amis

1 comment:

  1. The Gingerbread man outfit is adorable and so much more original than a princess.

    ReplyDelete