Sunday 24 March 2013

Oil cleansing

For as long as I can remember I have had problem skin. Too oily, too dry, large pores, acne.

I have tried everything to clean pores, clear spots, moisturise dry areas, whilst de-oiling the oily parts. So far nothing has worked and I'm still on this lifelong mission to find something amazing.

I found a link on pinterest for oil cleansing. I'd never heard of it before but it made perfect sense and so I pinned it to try later. A friend of mine noticed that I'd pinned it and (jointly with another friend) bought me the bits I needed, for my Birthday. I was thrilled! I've been meaning to buy the stuff in for a while now, but going out to buy things I need seems to be a road block for me to do anything new...but now I have no excuse.

For anyone who isn't familiar with this technique, here is the link to the original blog post that inspired me.

I'm using equal parts Castor Oil and Sweet Almond Oil. You simply mix them together and store them in a container of your choosing. I'm using an old facewash bottle.

Oil cleansing

The blog post above states you must use cold pressed Castor Oil...check!

Oil cleansing

Ok, so I guess it's time to embarrass myself and show you my skin sans foundation...these will be known as "before" 

Here goes...

Oil cleansing

Oil cleansing

Oil cleansing

So basically you put a small amount in your hand and massage it into your face for 1 minute. Then you get a wash cloth nice and hot (but not so hot that you scold yourself) and put it over your face for a minute. By the end of the minute your cloth should have cooled. Then simply wipe (not scrub) the oil from your face. 

Ta da, you are done!

Do this at night only and rinse with plain water each morning.

I've had my first wash with my oil mixture and first impressions are that it doesn't feel even remotely as bad as I thought it would. In fact my skin felt lovely afterwards. I'm used to having tight skin after a wash and trying to calm it with moisturiser, I didn't need to do that this time. 

I will report back after a week...watch this space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment