Friday 9 December 2011

FO Friday: 12 Days of Christmas and Apple coasters



I've been ever so slightly MIA from WIP Wednesday and FO Friday recently. I was very busy with my daughters Rainbow Party (which I am extremely proud of. It was a lot of work, but totally worth it). Now the party is out of the way, I can continue to work on Christmas.

This year I wanted to do something special for Rheya's teachers. I think they are such an important part of society and I admire their patience so much (I know I couldn't keep calm with thirty 4 year olds running around my feet)

I came across a blog, where the author had bought 12 gifts and each day her child would go into school and leave one gift, with a poem, on the teachers desk for her to discover. My daughter has one main teacher and 2 teaching assistants and I'd already made a couple of gifts for them...Jiji the cat and the apple cozy, so doing this project for one teacher only didn't seem right. There are 3 people and 12 gifts so I figured we could just do it across them all and they'd get 4 presents each, so this is what we've done.

I put together a poem for each present. The poems have changed since I took this picture, but you get the idea
P1070363

Then I attached the poems to the gifts (basket is just for show). As you can see Jiji isn't there, which is why the poems changed. 1) to take into account the fact that we were splitting the gifts across all 3 teachers and 2) to incorporate Jiji, the apple coasters and a mug cozy (still to make).
P1070460

Last night I finished the apple coasters
Apple coasters

all tied up and ready to go, they just need their poem attaching.
Apple coasters

My daughters teachers seem to be enjoying the gifts. Today I've sent my daughter in with some popcorn for her main teacher, unfortunately I won't be there to see the reaction (and lets face it, the reaction is the best bit, right?)

For more finished items, please head on over to Tami's Amis

8 comments:

  1. Such a great idea, I love it :) The coasters look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are a generous person to do this. thank you for thinking of the teachers during the holidays. My parents are teachers too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband is a teacher and something like this would blow his mind. Teachers are so unappreciated! Love this idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute. How creative to come up with a little poem for each! I'm stumped when faced with writing birthday cards, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a neat idea. I need to try something like that next year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great idea! my mom always did nice stuff like that for my teachers when I was little, and I know they loved it. your right, the reaction is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fab idea!! so Generous!! xx

    ReplyDelete