Saturday 14 April 2012

Better late than never right?

Sewing

Just before the Christmas break, I was handed a school newsletter that warned me that, upon returning to school in the New Year, my eldest daughter would require a P.E kit (and drawstring bag to put it in).

I purposefully didn't buy a drawstring bag, fully intending to make her one before she returned to school. 

Since the start of the new term, my daughter has been taking her gym gear in a plastic princess swim bag. Her teacher politely tried to hand this monstrosity back to me but I insisted she would be getting a "proper" gym bag soon enough.

Sewing2

Three. short. MONTHS. later...BAM!

P.E Bag

Reverse side
P.E Bag

complete with lining...just like the professionals do, only without the unpicking because I sewed the outer to the inner the wrong way round. 

P.E Bag

The ribbon drawstring is temporary until I order some cord, but it should hold up for a little while.

and kindly modelled by my husband, but maybe I can replace these tomorrow with my daughter modelling it.

P.E Bag





3 comments:

  1. Awww! I love the little fox with his tongue sticking out :) Great bag and what a fun looking project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just so awesome. Love it! Tell your husband he looks great with a back pack LOL.

    ReplyDelete