Tuesday 17 April 2012

A little help?

Hello crafty friends, I was wondering if I could pick your brains a little.

Today I acquired a beautiful little chair that I plan to recover and put in my daughters bedroom.

photo.JPG

photo.JPG

I picture it in the corner of her room with some pretty fabric covering it, a crocheted pillow and a crocheted toy of some sort*, but I'm having trouble picking fabric for it.

Do I keep it simple with something like this or do I look for something brighter to go with the crocheted items I have in my head?

I really like this, it's thin cotton but I can always change it if it wears out.

There isn't really a theme in her bedroom right now, the only thing in there that I want to keep is her handmade quilt

DSCF1550

and eventually (soon I hope) her sister will move in with her with her handmade quilt (she's a lot bigger now, this was the only picture I could find of the quilt - must remember to tag photos)

P1000466

Maybe I should make a patchwork cover? But I suck at picking fabrics to complement each other. I didn't make these quilts, they were made by my very talented friend, Katie.

Heeeelp!

*links are only to show the kind of things I'm picturing, not actual things I'm going to make/own.

3 comments:

  1. Just to give you all a heads up, you’re receiving the Versatile Blogger award tomorrow on my site :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh how exciting! :D Thank you so much. I look forward to seeing the post xxx

      Delete
  2. I popped over here after seeing your other post :) I'd definitely say go for something upholstery weight if you're worried about wear. It's what it's for! Looking at the quilt, anything pinky would work, or what about a cheerful yellow?

    Hope you find something you like :)

    ReplyDelete